Have you been experiencing non-stop sneezing and runny nose when you wake up in the morning? These could be symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis commonly referred to as Hay Fever. It involves an allergic reaction in which the nasal passages become inflamed due to allergens in the air like dust, pollen etc.
In Ayurveda,this condition is known as BHRISAKSHAVA or KSHAVADHU and is associated with imbalance of the doshas- Vata, Kapha and Pitta.
We develop these allergies as our immune system does not function properly and mistakenly considers these harmless allergens like pollen, domestic pets hair, mould spores, dust mites etc as harmful allergens. These allergens cause inflammation of the nasal mucosa and affect the nose.
- Continuous Sneezing
- Running Nose
- Itching and Irritation in the nose, ear and throat areas
- Obstruction/Congestion in the nasal passage
- Difficulty in breathing
- Watery eyes
- Itching of eyes
Ayurveda offers complete remedy for Allergic Rhinitis.
If these symptoms are left untreated for a long time then they may lead to diseases like chronic allergic conjunctivitis, nasal polyps, sinusitis and even asthma. Hence it is very important to treat them before it gets worse. Ayurveda, the age old Indian science of healing makes use of the inherent power of natural herbs to prepare medications that can provide relief from allergies naturally.
- Panchakarma therapy mainly THEEKSHNA NASYA is done to clear nasal blockages and expel kapha. In this treatment medicated oil or powder is instilled in the nostrils.
- Internal Medications are also administered to pacify Kapha.
- Additionally lifestyle and dietary changes might also be required to strengthen the immune system.