Date : 25-10-2018
Hives or Urticaria is a condition of an outbreak of swollen, pale, red pumps on the skin and it appears suddenly. It may be as a result of the body’s reaction to certain allergens or may be due to unknown reasons.
Urticaria typically causes itching, burning, and stinging sensation. They may appear anywhere in the body from head to toe where tongue, throat, face, lips, earlobes are most affected areas. Hives vary in size and shape. Generally, hives can last for few hours and starts to fade. Hives are not contagious.
What causes Urticaria?
When a body reacts to any allergen, release histamine, other chemicals from the skin beneath induce inflammation, fluid accumulation causes hives.
Urticaria triggers are:
- Food additives, wheat products, strawberries and eggs
- Urinary tract infection, strep throat
- Changes in the body temperature
- Dander from pet animals
- Latex, pollen
- Chronic illness
- Sunlight exposure
- Scratching and exercise
In most of the cases, the exact reason is unknown; however, it starts as an autoimmune disorder.
Types of hives:
- Acute hives: It is the most common type and lasts not less than 6 weeks. Any part of the body may be affected
- Chronic hives: It continues more than 6 weeks with persistent hive symptoms and 1 in every 1000 is found with chronic hives
- Angioedema may occur similar to hives, but it affects the deeper layer of the skin
- Physical examination
- Allergic history
- Medical history
- Family history
- Blood test to check out anemia
- Stool culture
- Thyroid function test
- Liver function test
- Knowing about alcohol, caffeine intake
- Knowing about mental stress, depression state
Treatments for Urticaria in Ayurveda:
Hives or urticaria is greatly managed through the holistic Ayurveda medicines. The treatment focuses on balancing Vata, Kapha and Pitta which are performed through the beneath methods.
- Panchakarma- It detoxifies the entire body. Nasya, Vamana and virechana are the various methods used to cleanse the body.
- Abhyangam and seka external therapies help extensively
- Taking internal Medications
- Doing certain Asanas like Pranayama, Meditation
- Skipping some diets say pungent food, souring products
- Intake of water as much as possible
- Making some lifestyle changes
- Mustard oil application massage
- Massing with medicated oil
The best diets for hives:
- Take all fresh fruits
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol
- Try to intake water and lemon juice as much as possible
Dr. R.S Roy from a family of Ayurveda has been the best dermatologist in India offering the best standard Skin rash treatment in Kerala. For ayurveda treatment for Chronic urticaria in India, visit Dr. R.S Roy for a permanent solution.
Mail us: email@example.com
Book appointment: drrsroy.com/book-appointment.html