Date : 29-01-2018
The problem of dry skin is a general problem which is faced by people of all age groups. Although, it is a persistent problem but show its acute level in winter by showing rough and scaly skin and peeling of skin. It is good to treat dry skin problem in its initial stages to reduce other problems.
Our skin is smooth and soft due to the presence of oil glands under the skin. When these oil glands are not able to provide proper lubrication to keep the skin soft and smooth, the skin becomes dry. The major causes of skin dryness are
· The dry and cold winter weather
· Indoor heating affects skin moisture
· Controlling natural process of body such as urination, thirst, hunger
· Consume excess of dry, bitter and spicy food
· Nutritional deficiencies
· Exposure to extreme cold conditions
· Long time use of hot water, harsh soaps, chemicals, and harsh cosmetics
· Swimming in highly chlorinated water
· Certain diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, diabetes, hypothyroidism
· Medications effect
According to Ayurveda, vata dosha is the cause of dry skin. Ayurveda explains that kapha keeps the skin soft and smooth and on the other side vata makes the skin rough and dry. When vata dosha rises in the skin, it lowers the kapha and makes the skin wrinkled and dry. The Ayurvedic doctors of Amrita Ayurveda Medical Centre, Tripunithura has understood skin problems and provide excellent treatment.
What precautions may we take to avoid dry skin?
To avoid the problem of dry skin, a person should take following precautions.
· Avoid the use of hot water to clean the skin
· Use soft cotton cloth to dry the skin
· Always use moisturizer to moisten the skin
· Avoid the use of harsh soaps and face washes
· Always use herbal oil or coconut oil
· Avoid the use of alcohol-based cleansers
· Always consume a balanced diet
How Ayurvedic treatments help in dry skin treatment?
There are many lotions and ointments are available on the market to treat dry skin but they all are temporary solutions. Ayurveda provides medication which is made from flowers and natural herbs. These medications do not have any side effects and with the time gives permanent relief.
Dr.R.S Roy is one of the best doctors who provide effective Ayurveda treatment for dry skin problems.
Mail us: email@example.com