Ayurveda, the ancient science of healing uses a holistic approach to treat diseases. Instead of treating the symptoms, it identifies the cause of the disease and tries to remove it from the roots. It concentrates on practicing a healthy lifestyle by maintaining a balance of the activities of the body and mind. Listed below are some useful tips that help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Instead of trying to do everything at once, try to adopt those that work for you gradually since small incremental changes work better for the body than big sweeps.
- Oil Massage- Oil massage preferably every morning followed by a warm shower helps reduce Vata dosha, provides a smooth, healthy skin and helps reduce stress.
- Drink hot water-Drinking hot water every half hour helps to flush toxins from the body. You can also add a piece of ginger while boiling this water which aids in improving the effect
- Exercise regularly saluting the sun is a good way to start the day and acts as a stress buster. Exercise moderately, upto 50% of your bodys capacity.
- Eat warm fresh food preferably at the same time everyday. Consume wholesome, nutritious and fresh food that is easily digestible.
- Sleep habits- Go to bed before 10 p.m. Try to avoid sleeping during daytime. Avoid sleeping on a full stomach. A warm bath infused with aromatic oils before bed helps relieve stress and aids in a peaceful sleep.
- Meditate for atleast 20 minutes everyday.
- Take Triphala everyday, half a teaspoon mixed in lukewarm water before going to bed. It helps in cleansing the bowels and is said to have rejuvenating powers.
- Do not suppress natural urges
- Avoid combining Virudha Ahaar (in competent food) like consuming fish and milk, yoghurt with milk, pickle (achar) with milk etc.
- Avoid the consumption of curd at night
- Maintain regular meal times and eat in a calm, settled atmosphere without interruptions like phone calls, television, work etc.
The tips mentioned above are generic ones. For more tips please feel free to talk to our specialist who can suggest health tips according to your body type and specific needs.
|TIMING OF MEDICINE|
|5:30 AM||Before Meals Tabs||5.30 PM||Before Meals Tabs|
|6:00 AM||Syrup||6.00 PM||Syrup|
|6:30 AM||Kashayam||6.30 PM||Kashayam|
|8:00 AM||Food||8.00 PM||Food|
|9:30 AM||After Meals Tabs||9.30 PM||After Meals Tabs|